Gotham West Market is a first-of-its-kind retail and dining destination in New York City’s Hell’s Kitchen neighborhood. This food hall Market is more like Eataly, Smorgasburg, and Chelsea Market all rolled into one for a new type of dining experience.
At Gotham West Market, you have the option of dining at the respective eateries or ordering food to go and enjoy their meal throughout the Market’s stylish communal seating areas.
During my first visit to Gotham West Market I found myself at El Colmado, a classic Spanish tapas and wine bar. (surprise, surprise) El Colmado, or “the grocer,” refers to the small, family-owned gourmet shops found throughout Spain that celebrate the artisanal olive oils, vinegars, and preserved seafoods for which the country is famous.
El Colmado offers a menu of both traditional and creative Spanish fare, ranging in size from mordiscos (snacks), tapas (bites to share), and medias (small plates).
The menu is incredibly gluten free friendly and offers plenty of gluten free options.
- Ostras (Oysters)
- Aceitunas Aliñadas (marinated mixed olives)
- Almendras Fritas (Almonds fried in olive oil, dried lemon, urfa pepper)
- Remolachas Marinadas (Marinated smoked beets, Caña de Cabra cheese, candied almonds, horseradish)
- Huevo al Diablo (Deviled egg, smoked bacalao, roasted pepper)
- Dátil con Béicon (Date stuffed with almond and Valdeón cheese, wrapped in bacon)
- Ración Jamón Ibérico de Bellota (Ibérico de Bellota ham, hand-cut)
- Ración Jamón Serrano (Serrano ham, aged 18 months)
- Patatas Bravas (Crispy, spicy potatoes, garlic all i oli)
- Pimientos (Shishito peppers fried in olive oil, lots of coarse sea salt )
- Atún Marinado (Marinated raw tuna, artichoke, caper berries, olive, crispy faro)
- Langostino (Mediterranean prawn a la plancha, fennel all i oli)
- Ensalada Invierno (Winter Salad -Shaved red and black radishes, kohlrabi, Brussels sprouts, Mahón cheese, anchovy vinaigrette)
- Albóndigas (Lamb meatballs, mojo picon, sheep’s milk yogurt)
- Gambas al Ajillo (Gulf shrimp, garlic, guindilla, olive oil, no bread)
- Arroz Negro (Black rice, sepia, uni)
- Pulpo a la Plancha (Octopus on the plancha, marinated potatoes, spicy olivada)
- Bistec al Minuto (Grilled steak, sunchoke hash, salsa verde, fresh olive)
- Huevos Roto (Confit potato, sobrasada sausage, two fried eggs)
Wine at Gotham West Market is only available at El Colmado! The primarily Spanish wine list features wines on tap and a wide range of selections available by the glass, to encourage guests to explore and discover the excellent wines and sherries of Spain. This is my dream come true.
Monday-Fridays, 3-7pm, enjoy ½ dozen featured oysters plus a glass of Cava for $11.