With four Manhattan locations, Choza Taqueria brings the flavors of Mexico’s roadside cuisine to New York City.
With an obsessive focus on flavor, authenticity, nutrition and accessibility, Choza Taqueria is a taco destination you will want to visit.
Chef Akhtar Nawab has taken the authentic and vibrant flavors of Mexico, and elevated them to suit the ever- evolving, discerning, collective palate of New York City. They source locally, cook honestly, and aim to please.
Northern Mexico, known for its rich ranch culture, is a grilling mecca. The region’s distinct cuisine is a result of the amalgam of indigenous and Colonial culinary traditions, and infuses flavors ranging from the ranch to the beach. At Choza Taqueria, they take traditional cooking and make it fast, flavorful and full of choices for customers. Whether it’s Carnitas or Carne Asada, each dish has suggested sauces and toppings, but feel free to order your meal just the way you want it.
All of the main dishes are gluten free except the burritos.
- Tamales – chicken, beef, pork, or cheese. ($3.45)
- Bowls – black beans, rice, fresh pico with cilantro. ($8.73)
- Tortas – Telera roll, black bean paste, lettuce, cheese, chili cream, salsa, guacamole. ($8.73)
- Tostadas – Crispy corn tortilla with black bean paste, lettuce, salsa, queso fresco. ($3.22)
- Salads – Romain Hearts, beans, corn salsa, pico with lime chili vinaigrette. ($8.96)
- Tacos – 3 double corn wrapped tortillas with fresh cilantro ($8.04)
Breakfast is also available, and gluten free options include: baked eggs, tamales & poached eggs, tacos, and tortas.